One of the best parts of staying the night at grandma's house when we were little was eating milk toast in the morning. A simple breakfast treat that most kids are sure to love!
- 2 Slices Toast (White is the 'authentic' bread of choice, but others work OK as long as you like their taste. White lets the taste of the other ingredients 'shine' through)
- 1 t spreadable Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- ~1 T Sugar
- ~1.5-2 t Cinnamon
- Toast bread in the toaster
- Remove and spread one side of each slice with butter
- While toasting, heat milk in the microwave (or stovetop)
- Lay bread on a plate and cover with hot milk
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste
It might not look very appealing, but the nice soft sopping wet bread and the cinnamon and sugar melt in your mouth. :) Who doesn't love Grandma Food?