These cheeses are amazing and make this dish taste a whole lot fancier than it actually is. Don't be fooled by its simple looks, these apple smoked cheeses really make the dish come together. The asparagus gives a nice fresh taste. The bf ate two bowls of this and he dislikes asparagus.
- 1.5 c Elbow Macaroni
- 4 oz Gruyere Cheese (Apple Smoked)
- 4 oz Gouda Cheese (Apple Smoked)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 thick pieces of a large crusty Bread, torn
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- dash of buffalo sauce (optional)
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Cook elbow mac, drain
- Chop asparagus into 1" pieces and boil in a pot of water for 5 minutes, drain
- Add asparagus, milk and cheese (chopped into 1/2" pieces) to sauce pan. Cook until cheese is melted. Add in dash of buffalo sauce if using.
- Add elbow mac, bread pieces and cheese mixture to 9x13" pan. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cook in oven at 350 deg F for ~15 minutes or until it is bubbling.